Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Rad Dad

I feel like sometimes dads get the short end of the stick when it comes to being recognized for their involvement in child rearing. Granted, some dads don't participate much, but my kiddos have a pretty awesome daddy.

First off, Allen has a 3 hour plus roundtrip commute to/from work every day. This makes for long work days. In addition, he comes home and helps feed babies, bath babies, bath Tyler and put him to bed, and on days that I don't have night help, put the babies to bed. He also gets up with me every morning at 3 or 4 am to feed babies and when we are finished he often gets showered and heads into work. Not only is his commute long, about half of it is through unlit farmland making driving in the early morning dark when you are tired pretty dangerous!

He always tries to play with Tyler on the floor, helps with getting the laundry washed, and when he can tries to give me a little break before the bedtime craziness. He's always willing to cuddle a sleepy/cranky baby when needed. He's a great dad!

Daddy, Alexis, and Allison

Tyler on Daddy, Daniel, and Alexis

Daddy feeding Allison her peas


Allen, we all love and appreciate you!! Thanks for being a great daddy, and husband, and my best friend!

Katie

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone 4! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the excellent work!

Here is my weblog; Minecraft Gameplay