Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

First Major Milestone - 24 Weeks!


Well, I made it! I got to 24 weeks, which is considered the point of viability in a pregnancy. And I made it without being put on bed rest! I'm feeling my freedom slipping away day by day. I know that sooner or later I will be put on bed rest or in the hospital, and I'm dreading being away from my sweet Tyler and not being able to take care of him, but I know that I have to take care of these babies and others will step in to fill the void for him.

Anyways, next big step is 28 weeks. This is the next major point, at which the severity of possible issues with the babies if they are born is significantly less. It seems like a lot of quad moms have their babies between 28 and 30 weeks, and we hope to make it to 32-34 weeks, so I don't have a lot of time left to prepare myself for their arrival. It is scary and exciting. I can imagine holding my sweet babies and it makes my heart smile. And the thought of the lack of sleep makes my insides groan. LOL!

So coming up I have A LOT more doctors appointments, steroid shots this week to help the babies lungs along, and very likely bed rest. All the prayers, thoughts, and kind words and deeds are very appreciated, and needed more than ever going forward...especially the prayers!

My mom is leaving on Monday and she has done so much to help us prepare for whats coming. She has been amazing! Our nursery is practically finished, we have a freezer full of food so that we don't have to worry about cooking, and I have been able to rest this last month ensuring that problems have been practically non-existent. THANK YOU MOM! For everything!

We will be having Allen's mom coming in for most of the week after mom leaves as well as a hoard of people from our neighborhood and church that have graciously offered to come over or have Tyler over at their house while Allen goes to work. We are so blessed to have the support of so many friends and family members! I honestly don't know how I would get through this without the comfort of that knowledge!

I think I'm done rambling now, but again, THANK YOU to all of you for your support and prayers. Enjoy the picture of my crazy belly growth! :P

Katie


2 comments:

Heather said...

How amazing that your mom was able to help you out so much, those freezer foods are going to be a lifesaver! You are looking great, keeping my fingers crossed you make it to 30 weeks!

Emily @ablanket2keep said...

So awesome you are getting so much help. I think about you and your babies often. Always praying for them to keep growing and stay in there as long as possible.