Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Stranger and A Friend

"Good things happen when you meet strangers."
~Yo-Yo Ma

In the past, when I was going through fertility treatments to have Tyler, and when I got started back onto it last year, I never sought out online support. I honestly never thought about it. I don't know why. Well, after my miscarriage last September I was searching online for information about miscarriages and whatnot and came across a forum for infertility grief. I started actively participating on that forum. It helped me a lot to see that I wasn't alone and that I really don't have it that bad! Some of these women had been TTC for years and years and had either had multiple miscarriages or never got pregnant at all. At that point I shut down my pity party and started to move on.

As I was involved in this forum, I found other forums that are for women going through the same treatments as me, namely IUI, as well as other treatments for fertility. I have been active on these boards for months now and have so many new friends...who I have never met, and probably never will (but would LOVE to!). I am already planning to meet a couple of them as it is geographically possible, and I'm really excited.

Anyways, my point here is that there are 7+ Billion people on this earth and there is always someone out there who can relate to you and understand what you are going through. I have found those people for me. They know the lingo, they know how it feels, they understand the craziness, they need my support as much as I need theirs.

They are strangers and my friends.

Katie

1 comments:

Mark and Amy said...

Support can make all the difference sometimes!